African Insight encourages your comments on our social media posts and we hope you will join the discussions; however, we may not be able to respond to every comment and we don’t review comments before they’re posted. We also expect a high level of civility; mutual respect is a must. The use of profanity or abusive language will not be allowed. Comments that are deemed inappropriate will be deleted.
Here is our complete policy in legal language:
Any individual accessing, browsing and using an African Insight social media site accepts without limitation or qualification, the African Insight social media policies (hereafter “Policies”). These terms and conditions apply not only to third-party social media sites but also to the African Insight blog hosted on the African Insight website.
African Insight maintains the right to modify these Policies without notice. Any modification is effective immediately upon posting the modification on the social media policy page unless otherwise stated. Continued use of an African Insight social media site following the posting of any modification signifies acceptance of the modification.
African Insight Association operates and maintains its social media sites as a public service to provide information about African Insight programs, services, issues, events, and activities. African Insight assumes no liability for any inaccuracies these social media sites may contain and does not guarantee that the social media sites will be uninterrupted, permanent or error‐free.
By posting any comments, posts or other material on our social media venues, you give African Insight the irrevocable right to delete, reproduce, distribute, publish, display, edit, modify, create derivative works from, and otherwise use your submission for any purpose in any form and on any media. You also agree that you will not:
- Post material that infringes on the rights of any third party, including intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights.
- Post material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by African Insight in its sole discretion.
- Post advertisements or solicitations for business.
- Post chain letters or pyramid schemes.
- Impersonate another person.
- Allow any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments.
- “Spam” or post the same note more than once
- Post or comment with content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation
- Communicate via association-sponsored social networking to share information or encourage anticompetitive practices (such as price fixing, market allocation, and group boycotts) if you would be otherwise prohibited from doing so elsewhere.
African Insight reserves the right to do any or all of the following:
- Remove communications that are abusive, illegal or disruptive, off-topic, or that otherwise fail to conform to these policies.
- Terminate a user’s access to any of our social media venues upon any breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- Edit or delete any communications posted, regardless of whether such communications violate these standards.
Links and Embedded Content Policy
African Insight may select links to other social media sites and outside websites that offer helpful resources for users. Once an individual links to another page or site, African Insight’s policies no longer apply and the user becomes subject to the policies of that page or site. African Insight is not responsible for the content that appears on these outside links and provides these links as a convenience only.
You agree that you will indemnify African Insight against any damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, costs or expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) arising out of a claim by a third party relating to any material you have posted.
Links by Other Entities to African Insight Social Media Sites
It is not necessary to get advance permission to link to African Insight social media sites; however, entities and individuals linking to African Insight social media sites should not in any way suggest that African Insight has any relationship or affiliation with that organization or that African Insight endorses, sponsors or recommends the information, products or services of that site.
Embedded Content from African Insight Association Social Media Sites on other Sites
It is not necessary to get advance permission to embed African Insight social media site content; however, entities and individuals embedding content must not present African Insight content as their own or otherwise misrepresent any of African Insight social media site content.
Furthermore, users shall not misinform users about the origin or ownership of African Insight social media site content. Embedded content from African Insight social media sites should not in any way suggest that African Insight has any relationship or affiliation with that organization or that African Insight endorses, sponsors or recommends the information, products or services of that site.
All information and materials generated by African Insight and provided on African Insight social media sites are the property of African Insight. African Insight retains copyright on all text, graphic images and other content that was produced by African Insight and found on the page. Information and material may be printed for an individual’s own non‐commercial use, provided the copyright symbol or other such proprietary notice is retained intact on any copied copyrighted materials. A credit line reading: “credit: African Insight Facebook (or Twitter or YouTube, etc.) Page” or “Courtesy of African Insight ” must be included.
Commercial use of text, African Insight logos, photos and other graphics is prohibited without the express written permission of African Insight. Any person reproducing or redistributing a third party copyright must adhere to the terms and conditions of the third party copyright holder. If a copyright holder feels African Insight did not use an appropriate credit line, African Insight must be notified with detailed information about the circumstances, so the copyright information can be added or the material in question can be removed.