African Insight Terms of Business
All bookings are subject to the following Terms of Business.
CONFIRMATION is subject to the receipt of a deposit and availability of specified accommodation and/or services. Accommodation, as specified in the itinerary proposal document, will be provisionally booked in accordance with the reservation policies of the respective products.
RESPONSIBLE TRAVELLER CODE: It is a condition of travel with African Insight that all participants acknowledge the UNWTO Responsible Tourism Code (read it here).
CONDITIONS OF PAYMENT
Less than 45 days prior to arrival:
- Full Payment: on confirmation
More than 45 days prior to arrival:
- Deposit: 25% of total amount due within 30 days of booking. Provisional bookings are valid for 30 days thereafter can be cancelled without notice.
- Balance: 45 days prior to arrival.
In addition to the above the following is required:
- 10% non-refundable Booking Fee on confirmation.
UNSCHEDULED PRICE INCREASES: African Insight reserves the right to pass on any costs that may be incurred relating to:
- Currency exchange rate fluctuations.
- Product or service tariff increases of third part providers.
TRAVEL INSURANCE: It is a condition of travel with African Insight that all clients have appropriate travel insurance with Medical Cover and Cancellation and Curtailment benefit. It is incumbent on the organizer, on behalf of the participants, to ensure that this condition of travel is affected and that proof of compliance is available on request.
BANK CHARGES: All bank charges on payments are for OWN account.
CHANGES TO ITINERARY: Clients have 30 days in which they are able to make changes. Changes are subject to availability and should additional costs be incurred these will be at the client’s expense. No changes can be made during the last 45 days prior to commencement of the trip.
If African Insight should cancel a tour the total amount less bank charges will be refunded. This would be in consideration of any unplanned change in terms of the health and safety of the participants.
African Insight reserves the right to cancel any booking for which the full amount has not been received by the due date indicated on the invoice. In this event, the client will forfeit 25% of the total amount and the balance refunded.
Cancellations of confirmed bookings must be made in writing and will be effective from the date the cancellation is received. The following cancellation charges, based on the total value of the trip, will apply:
- Less than 30 days prior to departure 100% forfeit.
- More than 30 days prior to departure less 25%.
Should a participant fail to join a tour, join after the departure date or leave the tour before completion no refund will be made and any additional expenses occurred will be for the client’s own expense. African Insight cannot be held responsible for losses incurred should a client cancel within the 100% forfeiture period and is not covered by adequate insurance.
In the event of a travel ban, either by the government of origin or South Africa, for any reason our standard cancellation policy will apply or clients will have an opportunity to postpone the trip for up to 12-months. In this case the following administration fees will apply:
- If payment has been made in full according to the payment schedule there will be no administration fee.
- If clients provide written agreement to continue to pay outstanding amounts according to the payment schedule no administration fee will be charged.
- If the client prefers to withhold the balance of payment and negotiate a new payment schedule an administration fee of 10% will be charged.
- Any price increases incurred due to the postponement will be for the clients account.